Cynicism, I realised over the past few months, seems to come easily to me. After a conversation with a friend of mine, I understood that I was no longer the person I used to be. I had little time for senseless talk, did not hesitate much in displaying my anger, got easily upset over trivial issues, kept having these frequent bouts of irritation and displayed it to those who cared about me the most... in simple words, I am using all these statements as a euphemism to say that I was emotionally hurt which scarred me to the extent that I lost being ME.
Having completed my work early today and with nothing much to do, I decided to pen down a few of my thoughts on this blog. I do not know if I am trying to reach out to others who are sailing in the same boat like me, but I would like to assume that writing this post is my perfect outlet in venting.
Where do I start; what do I have to tell; I am clueless. My mind is occupied with so many thoughts, that I feel I can no longer think in a proper manner. My erratic sleeping habits only seem to add to the existing agony and the fact that I am hurt so bad, leaves me feeling shattered and distraught.
I talk to my people - trying to either get them to understand my situation or swinging in the other extreme direction by pretending that my life could not have been better.
I had written the above words about a month ago. But today as I read this post, I realise that I have moved ahead in life - I have begun to take things in my stride and have learnt to laugh at the few hurdles thrown my way. Life was never easy nor was it ever meant to be. Infact, if you ask others, most would even tell you that life is never fair and this is an universal truth.
I have nothing to say against this notion as I myself believe that life, to a large extent, is not fair. But how fair was I being when I was making such "unfair statements" about life. Where did this judgement of mine go when I got to live my dream as I became a sports journalist. Where did all these words vanish when I first got to cover a Test match, a situation many would have killed to be in.
Today, as I sit in the press box of the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, in Hyderabad, covering my fourth Test match, I accidentally come across a video titled "A few minutes of perfection". It's a simple video which goes to show how a little genuine gesture of help can bring about a change in the behaviour of numerous others (in a chain reaction).
This little video makes us realise that life is not as complicated as we make it out to be and it is little things that actually gives us inner joy and peace. With love around us, life would just seem beautiful. Instead of waiting for someone to do something good for us, let us instead take the first step and do something good for others. And if Karma does indeed exist, then we do not even have to wait for the gesture to be returned; it will automatically be done.
We get one life to live and all of us are clueless about the duration of our existence. Instead of worrying and fretting about life, maybe we need to look at the brighter side of things. Most of us actually have enough to survive happily and lead a contended life.
If we just learn to love people instead of things and use things instead of beings, the world would undoubtedly be a different and much better place to live in. We are bound to fall at times in life but unless we learn to stand up again and dust ourselves, we would do no better than crib.
I do not know about anyone else, but I have decided to make a conscious effort to do good and try to be as well as make others happy, maybe because I realise that by doing so, I am actually in high spirits. How far would I succed in my endeavour, I do not know, but I promised myself to make an effort.
Below is the link of the video "A few minutes of perfection"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-afKPmxs
Having completed my work early today and with nothing much to do, I decided to pen down a few of my thoughts on this blog. I do not know if I am trying to reach out to others who are sailing in the same boat like me, but I would like to assume that writing this post is my perfect outlet in venting.
Where do I start; what do I have to tell; I am clueless. My mind is occupied with so many thoughts, that I feel I can no longer think in a proper manner. My erratic sleeping habits only seem to add to the existing agony and the fact that I am hurt so bad, leaves me feeling shattered and distraught.
I talk to my people - trying to either get them to understand my situation or swinging in the other extreme direction by pretending that my life could not have been better.
I had written the above words about a month ago. But today as I read this post, I realise that I have moved ahead in life - I have begun to take things in my stride and have learnt to laugh at the few hurdles thrown my way. Life was never easy nor was it ever meant to be. Infact, if you ask others, most would even tell you that life is never fair and this is an universal truth.
I have nothing to say against this notion as I myself believe that life, to a large extent, is not fair. But how fair was I being when I was making such "unfair statements" about life. Where did this judgement of mine go when I got to live my dream as I became a sports journalist. Where did all these words vanish when I first got to cover a Test match, a situation many would have killed to be in.
Today, as I sit in the press box of the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, in Hyderabad, covering my fourth Test match, I accidentally come across a video titled "A few minutes of perfection". It's a simple video which goes to show how a little genuine gesture of help can bring about a change in the behaviour of numerous others (in a chain reaction).
This little video makes us realise that life is not as complicated as we make it out to be and it is little things that actually gives us inner joy and peace. With love around us, life would just seem beautiful. Instead of waiting for someone to do something good for us, let us instead take the first step and do something good for others. And if Karma does indeed exist, then we do not even have to wait for the gesture to be returned; it will automatically be done.
We get one life to live and all of us are clueless about the duration of our existence. Instead of worrying and fretting about life, maybe we need to look at the brighter side of things. Most of us actually have enough to survive happily and lead a contended life.
If we just learn to love people instead of things and use things instead of beings, the world would undoubtedly be a different and much better place to live in. We are bound to fall at times in life but unless we learn to stand up again and dust ourselves, we would do no better than crib.
I do not know about anyone else, but I have decided to make a conscious effort to do good and try to be as well as make others happy, maybe because I realise that by doing so, I am actually in high spirits. How far would I succed in my endeavour, I do not know, but I promised myself to make an effort.
Below is the link of the video "A few minutes of perfection"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-afKPmxs
No comments:
Post a Comment