Alone in the crowd here I stand,
Not a single smile do I receive.
The ones that promised to stand by me,
Have left me in the lurch, I'm made to believe.
My face is stricken with tears running down my cheeks,
I look around myself in despair.
I search desperately for the love I was promised,
Have I been lied to yet once again?
The crowd keeps swelling to its capacity,
But people just don't seem to care.
Am I so invisible to the everyone around?
Am I as worthless like a strand of hair?
The sun is blazing down on us,
But I feel like my world is enveloped in grey.
I sense my struggles have begun,
I sense I've to face them all over again.
Worthless is how I'm made to feel
Like my feelings don't deserve a care.
I curl up in a corner against the wall,
With my emotions trying to make my heart tear.
My aching heart is too weak to hold on,
I can feel it struggle with every beat.
I place my hand on my chest,
Hoping that this will help it heal.
I shut my eyes and try to sleep
Hoping I'll go away silently and in peace
But I ain't lucky to escape this avalanche
I'm sure I'll wake up to face another deceit
Not a single smile do I receive.
The ones that promised to stand by me,
Have left me in the lurch, I'm made to believe.
My face is stricken with tears running down my cheeks,
I look around myself in despair.
I search desperately for the love I was promised,
Have I been lied to yet once again?
The crowd keeps swelling to its capacity,
But people just don't seem to care.
Am I so invisible to the everyone around?
Am I as worthless like a strand of hair?
The sun is blazing down on us,
But I feel like my world is enveloped in grey.
I sense my struggles have begun,
I sense I've to face them all over again.
Worthless is how I'm made to feel
Like my feelings don't deserve a care.
I curl up in a corner against the wall,
With my emotions trying to make my heart tear.
My aching heart is too weak to hold on,
I can feel it struggle with every beat.
I place my hand on my chest,
Hoping that this will help it heal.
I shut my eyes and try to sleep
Hoping I'll go away silently and in peace
But I ain't lucky to escape this avalanche
I'm sure I'll wake up to face another deceit
No comments:
Post a Comment