Sunday, December 11, 2016

Did I ever tell you (12th June, 2015)

Did I ever tell you I'm glad to be with you?
Even though our fights are never really few.
Did I ever tell you that you know how to make me smile?
Even when I sometimes sit quietly and cry.
Did I ever tell you that you make me feel alive?
Even in the dead of a very sleepy night.
Did I ever tell you I love it when you're smiling?
Even when I'm tried and in heavy traffic, driving.
Did I ever tell you that I love to hear you yapping?
Even though I wish, at times, I would rather be napping.
Did I ever tell you that your jokes make me giggle?
Even when at times, I rather you ask me a riddle.
Did I ever tell you, I wait to hear from you about your day?
Even though you wonder, "what's there for me to say"
Did I ever tell you, I know that there are times when in tears you are?
Even when you'll rather just say, "it's my nose that's troubling yaar".
Did I ever tell you I wait for you to tell me about your game?
Even during those times when I'm too sleepy to figure out my own name.
Did I ever tell you, I think I'm lucky to be with you?
Even if the number of times I tell you are rather few
Did I ever tell you I can't be bribed into leaving thee?
Barring a time when with no choice you leave me.

No comments: