This was a poem i came across, which spoke about people changing with time...which showed the poet's displeasure about changing times
TIMES CHANGE
I looked back at time
And found it clear
Things would surely change
But din't realise that this time was near
I sit alone by the window's side
And drift away into thoughts so nice
Wondering as every moment passesby
Was time being cruel or is this what they call life?
Things around me have completely changed
People i knew,are no longer the same
What used to be, no more remains
I always wonder, "Who is playing this cruel game?"
Alone on the terrace, contemplate did I
Sitting there and staring at the night sky.
The stars twinkled and the moon was lit bright
Seemed like angels waving their wands and showering light
It was all so splendid
All so nice
But suddenly a fear gripped me
And a question stuck in my mind
"Oh Lord!",I said with tears in my eyes
"With time, will you even change the arrangement in the sky?"
Aloud, this, I asked that night
But felt none heard it
Not even the Lord to whom i cried
Like a miserable child i felt that day
The feeling still remains
What more do i say
Times will change
And so will beings
This fact I realised
Found it to be very mean
A truth i gathered
Though clueless about chaniging trends
Survival would not be easy
For myself, it was time to fend
My loved ones, for sure i know
Would remain through tough times, this they swore
But even this would change, i know
Aleast a little, if not to the core
TIMES CHANGE
I looked back at time
And found it clear
Things would surely change
But din't realise that this time was near
I sit alone by the window's side
And drift away into thoughts so nice
Wondering as every moment passesby
Was time being cruel or is this what they call life?
Things around me have completely changed
People i knew,are no longer the same
What used to be, no more remains
I always wonder, "Who is playing this cruel game?"
Alone on the terrace, contemplate did I
Sitting there and staring at the night sky.
The stars twinkled and the moon was lit bright
Seemed like angels waving their wands and showering light
It was all so splendid
All so nice
But suddenly a fear gripped me
And a question stuck in my mind
"Oh Lord!",I said with tears in my eyes
"With time, will you even change the arrangement in the sky?"
Aloud, this, I asked that night
But felt none heard it
Not even the Lord to whom i cried
Like a miserable child i felt that day
The feeling still remains
What more do i say
Times will change
And so will beings
This fact I realised
Found it to be very mean
A truth i gathered
Though clueless about chaniging trends
Survival would not be easy
For myself, it was time to fend
My loved ones, for sure i know
Would remain through tough times, this they swore
But even this would change, i know
Aleast a little, if not to the core
1 comment:
hey appu....u r a poetess deary.....ur poem is so sweet and has lot of meaning in it.....it reveals wat u r and ur feelings
Post a Comment